Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Seeing someone elses point of view

This blog post has been in the making the whole time we've been here.
When you start something new in your life, you never really know what to expect. Your judgment may be based on your emotions and the adrenaline of a new opportunity in life.

Before I got to Honduras I was expecting to live in a mud house and have tarantulas crawl on me at night. I didn't really know what ministry would be like or what learning a new language would entail. I didn't even really think about how long 6 months can seem at some points.

The reality of my time ending here is sinking in. It was not like what I thought it was going to be like. I'm living in a city for the first time in my life. There biggest mall in Central America is close to where we are living. I've only seen one tarantula during my time here and that was when we were outside of the city. Yes the language learning has been hard, but I'm surprised at how much I've learned in that department (no, I'm not bilingual yet). 6 months has been very long at some points when we don't know what's coming next, but now that we are having to say goodbyes, it seems like just a moment has passed.

I've met many people here and they have a special place in my heart. When I think of leaving the country in 5 DAYS, it makes me sad to realize that this is the last goodbye for a while :(

Over the length of these 6 months, I've had many people try on my glasses. They got to see a different perspective than what they were used to!









 
 
 


If I had let fear and the uncertainty of a new country hold me back from coming, I never would have met all of these amazing people. My brothers and sisters in Christ (Hermanos En Cristo)
I am now realizing how thankful I am that God called me to come here.

I now have a different perspective of the world.

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment