Tuesday, April 8, 2014

To be Humble and Praise Him Always


"How to write a poem about he whom all try to describe with words that are his own creation. We talk about your greatness, your power, your love, but so often they are but empty words, their hollowness a reflection of hearts that have long grown stale and cold, waiting on the promises that our minds are slowly forgetting. There once was fervor and zealous joy in our hearts. That wild communion with your holiness that transcended all understanding and inspired the songs we now pay lip-service with. How then, did we separate ourselves? Why then do we separate ourselves from your holiness? Are we as the people in the time of Moses, demanding a veil, not able to stand in your presence? But Jesus rent the veil! He rent the veil! We have no more need to hide than our own selfish desires! To worship you, to praise you, is your desire, so supplant ours for your own. May our hearts once more overflow with the joy you give us. Move among us again. We’ve crowded out that still small voice of yours with living a “purposeful” life when a life without your direction is meaningless. So then, roar like a lion, bring us to our knees in true reverence and awe. Let us hear you! Rip off the blinders we have placed on our minds and our hearts. Let us learn to be open, to hear you when you call. Let us learn what it is to worship you whom created the heavens and the earth and the tiny grain of sand that is I. Because, though I am but a speck of nothingness, you have loved me and you have called me your own." (a spoken word poem)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was edgy last week. Everything frustrated me, I wanted to be alone, I was ready to be home.
God has funny ways of humbling me.

Acts 2:28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

Titus 3:2 They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

Alright, God, I heard you.

A weekend of prayer and study brought back the peace I had been missing and then my host family did something beautiful. They took me to God's Not Dead. That movie spoke to me in ways that I can't begin to explain, but know that it was good for me. It brought me the kind of peace about being here that I'd been missing for a long time. And it was good.

May I always be as thankful as I was in those moments. The Lord has been good to me; he keeps blessing me. He is forever faithful.
He has given me friends and family all over the world and supplied them with abounding patience. He paints the sky every night as the sun sinks behind the mountains he created, and the stars are his thinking. He created laughter. He created joy. He gave us grass to run barefoot in and dandelions to pick, and puddles to jump in. He put music in our hearts and a song on our lips. May we ever praise him.

Blessings, my friends,

Kris

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Phill, for being a support to all of us!

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts....
    Time is apassin'!

    ReplyDelete