Saturday, March 29, 2014

Life. Families. Goodbyes

When I left my home to come to Honduras, it wasn't that difficult to say goodbye to my parents because I had been away for a year already on another missions program. I didn't realize how different this would be, to be away from them, life is different than what it was back then. I now have a handful of new family members that I didn't have to say goodbye to 3 years ago. I'm missing out on a lot of things that are happening back home.

I'm here in another country that I never would have imagined back when I left the first time. I am seeing new things, meeting new people, speaking a new language and learning to work with new people. It is quite a challenge at times, but rewarding all at the same time.

This past week I got an email from my Dad, that made me miss home a lot. The familiar of my usual day-to-day routine just seems so inviting right now. But I am here for a reason and meeting the people I am meeting for a reason. I'm living with a family that is not my biological family, but they are still my family.

Each time we leave a ministry that we've been at, I don't like saying goodbye. It is just so sad to think that I may never see them again. But like what Kristen had posted in one of the recent blogs, one of our friends said "If we don't meet again here, we'll see each other in Heaven" Such an amazing statement.

Always be thankful for those that you have in your life. They are there to help you grow and learn new things about yourself, and about life.

Hermanos En Cristo (Brethren in Christ)
We are all family in Christ!

Nikki


 
Some of our small group went out for Baleadas last Saturday
 
Nixon and I sharing Lunch

 
My host sister and I last week at a Birthday Party


 
Kristen and her host brother

 
Myself and a Sister in Christ

 
Mama Sonia

 
Papa Jim with a Brother in Christ

 
Brynne with a Brother in Christ

 
Hanging out with some sisters

 
Kristen and a Sister in Christ

 
Papa Jim and a Brother in Christ

 
Katlyn with a bunch of Siblings in Christ


Sisters in Christ
 


My "STEP" Sisters
 

 
 
My "STEP" Parents
 
 
My Dad

 
Mum and I
 


1 comment:

  1. Nikki, We are proud to call you and all the girls our daughters in Christ. Thank you for blessing and honoring us all. Papa and Mama Bridge

    ReplyDelete